Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Salad

           It's summer...so something light and colorful is exactly what my body needs before it stays up all hours of the nights gazing at the stars and pool hopping.
        When creating a summer salad it is important to remember the more colorful, the better! The color is not only appeasing to the eye (which we know here to be necessary), but the different colored fruits and veggies carry different nutrients that our bodies need!


Yesterday I made this salad. (The picture could have been better but I had to hurry and snap it with my phone before my hunger devoured the salad).

Ingredients:
Red Leaf Lettuce
Walnuts 
Peanuts
Tomatoes
Mozzarella Cheese (easy trick: buy sting cheese. Instead of ripping the cheese vertical, cut it horizontal, it makes delicious mozzarella bites)!
Broccoli 
Balsamic Vinaigrette 




The amount of each ingredient is up to your specific desire. Easy to make and delicious to taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment